Starting on May 26th, the course “Flood Risk Analysis including Dam and Reservoir Safety Assessment” will take 30 hours.
Ignacio Escuder, Doctor of Civil Engineering and founding partner of iPresas, will teach the course “Flood Risk Analysis including Dam and Reservoir Safety Assessment”. This course is tailored to professionals working as civil or hydraulic engineers or an equivalent knowledge in the field of hydraulic works and it will be developed in collaboration with Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP).
The online training course covers a total of eight topics:
- Risk governance
- Risk analysis in civil engineering
- Flood risk analysis methodologies
- Qualitative and quantitative risk models
- General principles of dam safety
- Risk analysis in dam safety
- Real-cases application in design and construction phase
- Real-cases application in exploitation phase
The practical exercises of the course will be carried out using the free software iFlood. The course will take 30 hours, taught over 6 days at a rate of 5 hours per day.
From iPresas we encourage all professionals in the sector to take part in this interesting course.